Wednesday 23 October 2013

A Very Busy Week

I forgot to blog again on Monday. This week's a bit bonkers and I haven't had much down time, and it's nearly Thursday already. How did that happen? 

Monday went fine, I got there early to get some lengths in before the aqua class cut off the lanes. It was mostly fine apart from a few silly people that wanted to make things complicated by swimming down the middle and bumping into each other.  I'm still having the cramp problem with my left foot.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to solve that when I eventually have 60 lengths to do. I'm just going to have to try and work with it as much as I can, I don't want it to get to the point that it's so painful it stops me carrying on.  My lovely friend Nyree Kindred who is a paralympian swimmer has been wonderful for little snippets of advice to help me improve and keep going. Apparently putting a pinch of salt in my water bottle will help with the cramps so I shall try that, thanks Nyree. 

My new lap counter is fabulous and it's really helping me focus on the swimming rather than the counting.  Today (Wed) has been a very busy day but the swimming went very well.  I managed 20 laps in 45 minutes which seems to be about 15 minutes faster than the first time I got that far. I'm certainly not complaining about that because I have no idea how long I have to complete the 60 during my session!

I had an appointment with my ME therapist this afternoon and she was really pleased about this new adventure of mine. We talked about making sure I get adequate rest so that I don't make my ME/Fibromyalgia fatigue worse.  She seemed happy with the way I've worked out my training schedule and I must be doing something right because, touch wood, I'm not having any pain after swimming that I might expect after lots of exercise. It's possible I'm not doing enough to cause the pain but I'm not going to worry about that. I'm progressing well and I'm only 3/4 weeks in so I just want to continue doing what I've been doing. Onwards and upwards towards the big 60, eh? ;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment